CERTIFIED POSITIONS FOR THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
KILLINGY BOARD OF EDUCATION ANNOUNCES A VACANCY FOR THE POSITION OF:
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
The Board of Education for Killingly Public Schools seeks an outstanding educational leader for the position of Assistant Superintendent of Schools. The Board is seeking an experienced educational leader who can articulate a clear vision for a PreK-12 school system and lead a team of high-quality professionals in its implementation. The successful candidate should be prepared:
· To assist the Superintendent in the translation of the district’s educational philosophy, goals, and objectives into effective educational programs
· To provide overall leadership in articulating and coordinating the curriculum and instructional program Pre K-12
· To provide leadership and articulation of programs for technology integration and assessmentTo provide leadership in implementing and evaluating the district assessment programs and staff development activities
· Holds or is eligible for certification as an Intermediate Administrator or Supervisor in Connecticut (092) (required)
· Advanced degree preferred, preferably advanced training in curriculum and educational administration
· Additional certification as Superintendent of Schools in Connecticut (093) preferred but not required
· Successful teaching and/or administrative experience at both elementary and secondary levels. At least five years’ experience as a school administrator, preferably as a director of district-wide programs or member of the central administrative staff with direct staff supervision and program evaluation responsibilities
· Such additions and alternatives to the above qualifications as may be appropriate and acceptable
Applications for the position of Assistant Superintendent of Killingly Public Schools must be postmarked by April 28, 2017.
OTHER CERTIFIED VACANCIES
Anticipated Non-Certified Vacancies 2017/2018 School Year
Please submit letter of interest, resume, official transcripts,
proper CT Certification, and three (3) recent letters of recommendation to: Kim Gillespie-Burnham, Director of Human Resources
NON-CERTIFIED POSITIONS 2017-18:
Nurse Supervisor, District-Wide
Supervises the nurses assigned to the other schools in the district. Coordinates and implements health service/education goals for student/family/community addressing students’ growing health needs. The position is assigned to Killingly Memorial School, provides direct medical care, treatment and consultation to students in need.
Connecticut RN license required. Prior nursing experience within a school setting preferred. Prior supervisory experience preferred. Position is full time with benefits.
Substitute Teachers: Needed to work in Pre-School, Elementary, Intermediate, and High School setting, Bachelors' Degree required, No benefits, Daily rates are:
$75.00 with Bachelors' Degree
$85.00 with Certification
Substitute Instructional Assistants: Needed to work in Pre-School, Intermediate, and High School setting, Associates Degree or para-preferred, No benefits, Hourly rate $10.10.
Substitute Bus Drivers: AM & PM runs, field & sports activity trips. Applicants must meet state qualifications and endorsements. No benefits. Apply at: Killingly Municipal Garage, 79 Putnam Pike, Route 12, Dayville, CT 06241 or call 860-779-6791
When applying, please be sure to forward the following: Resume, Letter of Intent, Three (3) recent letters of recommendation from persons who can address professional competencies, CT Certification (if applicable) and official copies of transcripts to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 210, 79 Westfield Avenue
Killingly, CT 06239